Saturday 23 June 2007

New idea

I've decided this blog is going to serve an additional purpose (well that's the nature of blogs, they can be anything you want, and they can change and grow). I'm going to keep track of the ideas I have as well as the projects I actually complete.

I've rearranged a few things in my flat and now I have a load of boxes and stuff in the corner of my living room. I want to hide the mess, so I've decided to make a screen. My friend Wavey has agreed to build some wooden frames for me, then I'll stretch some canvas over them and staple it at the back. I need to look at hinge options - I feel a trip to B&Q coming on.

I'm thinking at the moment that I'll try something similar to some wallpaper I saw recently. It has loads of black butterflies, dense at the bottom and getting fewer towards to top. I'll paint the canvas with magnolia first (boring I know, but that's the colour on the walls - I can always change it later) then use a butterfly stamp I have to put the black butterflies on. Then maybe varnish, maybe not.

No comments: